Friday, April 11, 2008

My Darling Husband

Today I thought I would take a few minutes and tell you about my awesome husband,Lance. He is 35 years old, and has the rough,rugged look about him. His dress is generally that of flannels, jeans, and work boots. Hoodies on occasion. Praise God, not a lot of ironing for me!! He is a rather quiet sort of guy. He prefers to observe instead of talk. I am the talker (giggle!). But they do say that opposites attract, right? Anyways, I think his quietness is his strength. It just gives me such a sense of peace. A few years ago, I was very sick. I was in the hospital, about to have surgery. My darling husband came to visit me, and was sitting in a chair next to the hospital bed. I couldn't hold a pleasant conversation. I was just too sick. He sat there totally content to say nothing, but still be with me. He was not pretending that it was ok to not talk, it really WAS ok with him. At that moment, I knew he was the one for me. He gave me such a sense of peace and comfort. I believe just like my Heavenly Father does. Yes, I know that my husband is just a man. It says in Corinthians that our marriage relationship is a symbol of Christ and the church. My husband was imitating Christ at that moment. I thank God for him everyday. He is my life, my love, my best friend. (sniff,sniff)

No comments: